07 September 2011

Baby's first haircut

Tanu is one of those women who can pull off short hair. When we moved to Atlanta in 2009, she had a very short bob, but has let it grown out in the last two years. About a year ago, I started nudging her to go “Halle Berry” short. To satisfy my annoyances, she said that she’d do it in China. She thought that I’d forget… but I didn’t.



So last night we went and got her hair cut!!!! We had a range of salons to choose from: uber fancy salon in the top of a mall, a swanky roadside spa, and a barbershop on campus. Like Goldilocks, we chose the middle option.

I put some photos of Ms. Berry on my computer and after some intense sign language and broken Mandarin, she was getting her hair washed!

The first cut was the hardest.

With meticulous attention, the hairdresser transformed Tanu!! The shampoo+cut+rinse+style ended totaled 50Y ($8)!! What a deal.


Tanu (left) and Halle (right). er.. was it Halle (l) and Tanu (R)???
I don't even know anymore!



And the attention she’s getting on campus (lab mates, store owners, construction workers) is priceless!

3 comments: